This section is addressed exclusively to carriers doing business with The Master Group
Terms and conditions effective for all bills of lading issued at shipper’s request (The Master Group)
According to the Canadian Transport Commission regulation
Received, subject to the classifications and tariffs in effect on the date of issue of this original Bill of Lading, or, received, subject to the Rules for the Carriage of Express and Non-Carload Freight Traffic and tariffs in effect on the date of issue of this original Shipping Contract (bill of lading), goods described below, in apparent good order, except as note (contents and conditions of contents of packages unknown) marked, consigned and destined as indicated below, which said Company agrees to carry its usual place of delivery at said destination, if on its road, otherwise to deliver to another carrier on the route to said destination.
It is mutually agreed, as to each carrier of all or any of said goods over all or any portions of said route to destination, and as to each party at any time interested in all or any of said goods, that every service to be performed hereunder shall be subject to all the terms and conditions (which are hereby incorporated by reference and have the same force and effect as if the same were severally, fully and specifically set forth herein);
- approved by the Canadian Transport Commission by General Order No.T.5., dated February 1, 1965 set forth in the Canadian Freight Classification and also available at all railway agency stations and freight offices upon request, when said goods are carried by a rail carrier; or
- of the bill of lading of water carrier as provided in its tariffs of Rules and Regulations when said goods are carried by water carrier; or
- of the bill of lading set forth in or prescribed by the relevant tariffs, classification, statutes and regulations pertaining to motor carrier's services when said goods are carried by a motor carrier; or
- of the bill of lading form schedule "A" amended by 0.C. 986-79 April 4, 1979 sect. 12A as approved by the Quebec Transportation Board when said goods origination in Quebec are to carried by a motor carrier; or
- approved by the Canadian Transport Commission by General Order No. T42, set forth in the rules for the carriage of express and Non Carload Freight Traffic and also available at all express and railway agency stations and express and freight offices upon request, when said goods are carried by a rail carrier; and which are agreed to by the shipper and accepted for himself and his assigns.
Notice of claim
a) No carrier is liable for loss, damage or delay to any goods carried under the Bill of Lading unless notice thereof setting out particulars of the origin, destination and date of shipment of the goods and the estimated amount claimed in respect of such loss, damage or delay is given in writing to the originating carrier or the delivering carrier within sixty (60) days after the delivery of the goods or, in the case of failure to make delivery, within nine (9) months from the date of shipment.
b) The final statement of the claim must be filed within nine (9) months from the date of shipment together with a copy of the paid freight bill