Shopping for an air conditioning system is not a simple task: finding your way among the many products available on the market can be a difficult exercise.
Before making your choice for a specific air conditioner, here are some friendly tips which could help guide your choice:
- Do not wait to experience summer heat waves. Shop for an air conditioning unit preferably before or after the hot season: this way your system will be ready for optimal operation once real air conditioning needs are felt. Planning in advance the installation of an air conditioning system will also give you the opportunity and some time to evaluate your options, likely to benefit from a better price but also take advantage of financial assistance programs offered by various levels of government.
- Choose an air conditioner covered by a good warranty - some products, such as the entire Fujitsu line and certain GREE models, are covered by a 10-year warranty on parts and labor. A good warranty is a promise of quality and years of reliable operation and hassle free operation.
- Do not limit your options to ENERGY STAR qualified air conditioning units only: you may sleep peacefully, in a comfortably cool place, knowing that your air conditioning unit uses very little energy, and that at the end of the day, you'll save.
- If you wish to install a wall mounted air conditioning unit, refer to a certified dealer. He has the ability and knowledge to advise you according to your specific cooling needs, your type of residence, and of course, your budget. In addition, a certified dealer is qualified to perform a proper installation of your air conditioning unit, guaranteeing your comfort and peace of mind.
- Even if you are in the market for an air conditioner, consider the option of purchasing a heat pump which will not only allow you to sleep comfortably during the summer, it will also keep you warm and cozy during the cold season.
Cooling your home represents extra energy costs. However, a sensible use and a few tips can help lower these costs, and all the while, reduce your ecological footprint:
- Replace your old system by a more recent unit: new systems are up to 30% more energy efficient than 10-year old units
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR qualified air conditioner
- Close the blinds on windows facing the sun to avoid the heat from getting in
- Turn off your air conditioner and open the windows in the evenings when temperature and humidity levels are lower and that a refreshing breeze takes over the room temperature
- Go green: surround your house with greenery, leafy trees, ivy, vines ... a very natural way to cool.
On this note, we wish you a great summer!